Applying for Social Rented Housing
If you are interested in renting a house from WSCHA you should contact the Northern Ireland Housing Executive (NIHE) and complete a housing application form or alternatively you can collect a Housing/Transfer Application from our office or at any Housing Executive office. NIHE staff assesses all new applicants under a points system based on individual’s circumstances and housing requirements. The selection scheme is a point’s based system. You will be assessed under the scheme, given points and ranked accordingly on the common waiting list. This common waiting list allows you to complete only one form yet get access to most housing associations in Northern Ireland as well as the Northern Ireland Housing Executive. See the Northern Ireland Housing Executive web site for more details.

Mutual Exchanges
This is where a tenant may be able to “swap” their house with another housing association tenant or an NIHE tenant.
Tenants must complete an application form available from the office and further information is available at the point of contact.

Internal Transfers
WSCHA  operates an internal transfer waiting list for tenants wishing to move to another of its properties;

  • Transfers are based on need or housing management reasons;
  • Transfers are not normally granted unless you have lived in your current home for more than two years;
  • Additional Information from the Northern Ireland Housing Executive
  • Advice for people with disabilities
  • The NIHE has published a guide for people with a disability looking for social housing which is available from their website.
  • Advice for Younger People – additional help and advice is available from NIHE.

Useful contact details
Northern Ireland Housing Executive
Tel: 03448 920 900