129/131 Woodvale Road, Belfast, County Antrim BT13 3EB.
Telephone: (028) 90710779
There are 35 apartments which are all equipped with bio feed heating – independently controlled. A number of these Apartments are fitted for wheelchair access.
• Common room
• Laundry facility
• Warden’s office
• Communal kitchen
Each Apartment includes:
• living room/dinette
• bathroom, w/c and hotpress
• fitted working kitchen
• bedroom (most with built-in wardrobe)
• tenant/warden intercom link
• Disabled apartments are supplied with cookers and fridge freezers
Keys and Safety
For residents’ security, a controlled door entry system is provided for all apartments. Each flat has its own buzzer and when this sounds you can speak to the caller by using the intercom system. The Scheme Supervisor holds a master key to allow access to each apartment. This is for use only with permission and/or in an emergency. Bolts should not be placed on the inside of the door as this can delay emergency assistance.
Residents are given a key to allow access through the main gates, the main doors and their own apartment. It is important that resident receive authorisation prior to have additional keys cut and all keys must be returned to the Scheme Supervisor when terminating your tenancy.
• Local shops and Post Office nearby
• Taxi service available via request
• Bus stops close to scheme
• Closest Hospital is the Mater Hospital
• Closest Doctors Surgery is Ballygomartin Group Practice
• Places of Worship within the vicinity- Presbyterian, Catholic, Methodist and Church of Ireland Churches
Activities & Services
Mount Eden Court invites its tenants to a range of events held within the Scheme:
• Coffee mornings
• Arts and crafts
• Day trips
• Christmas dinners
• Fruit delivery
In the best interest of health and safety Woodvale & Shankill Community Housing Association has a number of policies in place, which include:
• Domestic pets are not permitted in the apartments or complex
• Smoking and drinking alcohol is not permitted in the common room or corridors however tenants are free to do so in their own apartments providing it is not causing disturbance to their neighbours.
The Common Room is available for the use of residents and, by invitation, other members of the community. From time to time the Association and your Scheme Supervisor will hold various social events and activities for residents, their families and friends. Use of the common room by other organisations will require permission from Woodvale & Shankill Community Housing Association through your Scheme Supervisor.
When You Arrive
When you move into Mount Eden Court you will receive a general welcome by your Sheltered Scheme Supervisor who will give you:
• Information on how to use the Door Entry System, Heating Equipment, FOLD Telecom System and the Laundry facility.
• A tour and explanation of Scheme Facilities
• An outline of the procedure for reporting repairs, queries and complaints.
Sheltered Scheme Supervisor
Hours of duty:
• Monday – Thursday 9am to 5pm
• Friday 9am to 4.30pm
Scope of duty:
• Contact tenants daily
• Advise tenants on use of all facilities and equipment
• Liaise with family, medical/social services as or when required
• Check fire protection and emergency call systems on a regular basis